Sunday, August 7, 2011

There is Something Living in my AC but I'm Too Scared to Check

I hate shopping. I wish everything could be ordered from the internet. But I needed some more clothes. So Zangit took me to a few shops in Rangpur. Shops here are the size of window displays, with no outer wall. You lean in, scream what you want at the man with the fabric and hope he heard you.

I could either design Salwars myself with my choice of fabrics or pick out ready-made ones. Obviously I picked out 2 ready-made ones. Zangit made fun of me because they look very similar. But I love them. Olive and simple with a dupata (scarf) that is sheer and light.

I bought a back warming pad from a small surgical supply store. All of their equipment had celebrities photo shopped wearing them. Someone needs to tell Jenny.

The pain in my back has gotten progressively worse from all the motorcycle riding, traveling and bumpy roads. It has spread to my neck, jaw, throat and when I woke up this morning I couldn’t lift my arms. This happened in the US too and then got better when I stayed still for a few days. Dr. Bubul thought I should stay in Rangpur to see a physician instead of heading back with the crew to Gaibandha. So I’m here, for three days. It’s kind of claustrophobic but I really need to stay still so it’s a good place.

Asalam Walaikum,

Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment